>

久久re热这里只有精品-热最新精品久久re在线

时间: 2019年12月13日 11:53

After that trip, I knew we had to build one, and everybody was pressuring me for a new general office,so we bought fifteen acres on a farm right outside Bentonville, where we still are today, for about$25,000. Bob was in charge of building us a new 15,000-foot general office, which I thought would lastus forever, and a 60;000-foot warehouse, which I thought was too big, but Ferold convinced me weneeded it. LEE SCOTT: Stephen spoke with deep, earnest pleading. Maggie listened, passing from her startled wonderment to the yearning after that belief that the tide was doing it all, that she might glide along with the swift, silent stream, and not struggle any more. But across that stealing influence came the terrible shadow of past thoughts; and the sudden horror lest now, at last, the moment of fatal intoxication was close upon her, called up feelings of angry resistance toward Stephen. He became, really, the best utilizer of information to control absentee ownerships that there's ever been. In 1991, I had $228,000. I told my brother to show me anywhere else I could go and do that, and Iwould change jobs. If you have faith in this company, it's amazing how your loyalty pays off. I'm so glad Istuck to it. My money is going to send my daughter, Ashley, to college."Those are some of my partners, and we've come a long way together. About the same time we startedprofit sharing, we cranked up a lot of other financial partnership programs. We've got an employee stockpurchase plan so associates can buy stock through payroll deductions at a discount of 15 percent offmarket value. Today, more than 80 percent of our associates own Wal-Mart stock, either through profitsharing or on their own, and personally I figure most of the other 20 percent either haven't qualified forprofit sharing yet, or haven't been with us long enough to catch on. Over the years, we've also had avariety of incentive and bonus plans to keep every associate involved in the business as partners. "And that's what we did, and what Wal-Mart still does. We would tell the vendors, 'Don't leave in anyroom for a kickback because we don't do that here. And we don't want your advertising program oryour delivery program. Our truck will pick it up at your warehouse. Now what is your best price' And ifthey told me it's a dollar, I would say, 'Fine, I'll consider it, but I'm going to go to your competitor, and ifhe says 90 cents, he's going to get the business. So make sure a dollar is your best price.' If that's beinghard-nosed, then we ought to be as hard-nosed as we can be. You have to be fair and upfront andhonest, but you have to drive your bargain because you're dealing for millions and millions of customerswho expect the best price they can get. If you buy that thing for $1.25, you've just bought somebodyelse's inefficiency. 久久re热这里只有精品-热最新精品久久re在线 It goes back to what I said about learning to value a dollar as a kid. I don't think that big mansions andflashy cars are what the Wal-Mart culture is supposed to be about. It's great to have the money to fallback on, and I'm glad some of these folks have been able to take off and go fishing at a fairly early age. Sharing information and responsibility is a key to any partnership. It makes people feel responsible andinvolved, and as we've gotten bigger we've really had to accept sharing a lot of our numbers with the restof the world as a consequence of sticking by our philosophy. Everything about us gets to the outside. Inour individual stores, we show them their store's profits, their store's purchases, their store's sales, andtheir store's markdowns. We show them all that on a regular basis, and I'm not talking about just themanagers and the assistant managers. We share that information with every associate, every hourly, everypart-time employee in the stores. Obviously, some of that information flows to the street. But I justbelieve the value of sharing it with our associates is much greater than any downside there may be tosharing it with folks on the outside. It doesn't seem to have hurt us much so far. And, in fact, I've beenreading lately that what we've been doing all along is part of one of the latest big trends in business thesedays: sharing, rather than hoarding, information. � 鈥淗umans didn鈥檛 invent rough surfaces, Oso,鈥?Ted said. 鈥淲e invented the smooth ones. Your footis perfectly happy molding itself around rocks. All you鈥檝e got to do is relax and let your foot flex. Give Me an A!